what is this?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

what is this?

hello there, please help, my groin is really itchy but whenever i put my fingers on the spot and rub, the itch worsen as it tends to spread on all parts of the groin, the problem is i just can,t get to the itchy area as if is under the skin. what is this and what should i do? please help!!
The symptoms are suggestive of Jock itch. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty, lifestyle and heredity each play a role. Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.

Keep your groin area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment. Please consult a dermatologist and get them prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.