whelps
My son came home today with whelps on his face.  It almost looks like his skin is upraised, but it isn't red or itchy.  I thought maybe it was an allergy reaction, but wouldn't he be itchy.  I gave him 50 mg of benadryl, but I am worried.  Can you help please?

This discussion is related to whelps or hives.
It can be due to hives. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

If the symptoms persist then a dermatologist’s evaluation is needed as steroids may need to be prescribed.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

my son has had the same problem he came home from school one day and had a whelp on his neck but he said it didnt hurt or itch he takes claritn for allergies daily and its still there its been there around a week now