white bumps on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white bumps on scrotum

i have a relatively large amount of white bumps on my scrotum, they range from very small to the size of a large pimple. they are painless and feel pretty solid. im 16 years old and a virgin. ive had these bumps basically since i can remember ( probably puberty ). i have received physicals by my pediatrician every year for sports purposes and he has never even mentioned them, though i know he sees them. this fact makes me feel a little less nervous because i think if they were a problem he would say something. but could someone please tell me what these could be? and if they can be diagnosed, could someone please tell me how to minimize or eliminate them completely? help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks
Are they on your penis too? and underneath the skin?

If so I'd say that they are Fordyce's spots - which are completely harmless and millions of people have them - I do :D

There is lots of information on the web about Fordyce's which should help you, but if they are Fordyce's - you needn't worry about anything at all! They're natural!

Here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce's_spots

Mr.Blue
i do have some on my penis, i didnt really connect the two and associated the bumps on my penis to dry skin. but from the quick glance of information on fordyce's spots that i took, i didnt see anything about it occuring on the scrotum, and the bumps on my scrotum seem to be bigger then all the bumps in the pictures that ive seen of fordyce's spots
Lumps on the scrotum that are normal:
-Chicken-skin scrotum. It is normal for the skin of the scrotum to look like the skin of a plucked chicken. This is because the hair follicles on the scrotum are quite far apart and prominent, while the hairs themselves may not be very obvious.
-Sebaceous cysts are swollen, blocked grease glands that look like yellowish pimples. They often occur on the skin of the scrotum, and there may be a dozen or more. The skin contains millions of glands that make grease to keep the skin waterproof and in good condition. The openings of these glands easily become blocked, so they become distended with grease. For some reason, the skin of the scrotum seems particularly susceptible to this problem.
They are harmless, but if they become infected (red and sore) or you do not like the look of them, a genitourinary clinic will be able to treat them.
-Angiokeratoma of Fordyce are tiny, bright-red blood-blisters. They usually occur on the scrotum, and there may be lots of them. They are quite common in the late teens, and are normal. Their only problem is that they can be itchy, and may bleed if you scratch them.
ref:http://www.embarrassingproblems.co.uk/lumpsmen.htm
It is always better to have it diagnosed on examination and then treat the condition.

thanks alot this helps alot. like wildcat331, i am 17 and had the same thing he did. and decided to find out what these little bumps were, cuz i was concerned. my mom is a nurse and probably could have asked her but was to embarrased. this helps me alot and de-concerns me to know that it is very common and normal. thanks alot guys
i just read an article that said warm salty water can make them go away
http://www.************.com/Strange_bumps_on_scrotum_t53068.html
I have some what of the same problem but am unsure if it's the same thing. I have two white colored bumps on my scrotum that sometimes itch and hurt when squeezed or pressure is applied. I'm a little worried, would anyone know what it is?