white discoloration after liquid nitrogen treatment

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I visited a doctor because of a single pimple like bump on my pubic area. He said it was molluscum contagiosum and suggested to treat with liquid nitrogen. I complied, but now after the scab has peeled, I am left with a circular white discoloration. I am of South Asian descent and it is embarrassing during sexual encounters. Is there any way to bring this white discoloration back to its normal color? Will it eventually return to normal? Is it permanent?
This is post inflammatory hypopigmentation. Hypopigmentation after laser treatment or cryotherapy is a common side effect of this technique and is due to damage to melanocytes vaporized along with targeted keratinocytes and fibroblasts in the epidermis and dermis. Usually this is a temporary complication and sometimes it goes away on its own after exposure to the sun.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.