white dots under skin of my lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white dots under skin of my lips

Hi,my upper lip has white dots under the skin and know it is starting on my bottom lip.They are not raised or thick skinned.You can not feel them ,I can just see them when I stretch out my lips in the mirror.Is there a condition for this and what can I do about it?
Fordycee spots are normally seen.No treatment required.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like Fordyce spots.They are small yellowish-white granules on the inner surface and border of the lips.
Treatment of Fordyce spots includes CO2 laser or electro desiccation, TCA chemical peels(temporary treatment),diathermy or laser vaporization.

Pls discuss these treatment options with your doctor.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I might have something similar. small whitish pin spots on my bottom lip. not raised, not painful or itchy. but visible. have you had yours treated and with what please?
I have been reading all through out these forums for some time now to try to find some answers...Some people describe their symptoms and I feel like its what I have but I dont have answers..My blood test came back saying I have herpes. .I feel all ****** up because my pap came back abnormal after being with my ex and then we broke up and i found out I have hpv too..Another friend said she think she got hpv from her bf and her &I used to deal with each other but she didnt have it then and I noticed since her &i kissed recently my lips been having some weird stuff going on..very flaky and extremely dry around my mouth and now dark spots all around my mouth that stings sometimes but I do have small white dots like clogged pores on the lining of my lip..I.get whiteheads all the time on my lips &can squeeze them and built up oil comes out but it do make it red with a small scab..My mind is all over the place because I had one white bump down bottom and it went away in a day or two with no meds..My ex and I had an off and on relationship so one time we got back together,  I had 5 white bumps down there and the docs said it was herpes. .idk if I have herpes and hpv both damn places and the sudden onset of  lip problems got me thinking I have Hiv now because I was real drunk last month and cant remember if I was in some random guy's truck &he did something to me or was it a dream! God this is bugging me! Hiv test was negative but I was with someone new a month or so before the test and the incident w/the guy or if it was a dream was like less than 2weeks before I got tested so Idk if it's accurate!  I want to know once and for all wth all this that is going on because I normally dont have any symptoms whatsoever after the initial time down bottom. .ive always got whiteheads on my lips. .now they keep coming  back all of a sudden thats why Im thinking I have hiv too! I can be a hypochondriac but something going on! Herpes,hpv,hiv *Hell
You posted a while  ago and I'm just curious if you ever got any answers?
I have the dots under my lips as well. I have discoloration of my lips and they dry out and crack and flake too. My two decades of my own research  - not these doctors is that it could be related to staph infection of the nose! I started taking large amounts 2000 mg + /day to combat this and have great success with it. I'm not consistent with it, so the symptoms return. My doctor won't give me a round of the very strong anti-biotic and has not offered to take a culture of it. I am waiting for a bad case, go in and demand a culture to test for staph infection of the nose, and then get the antibiotic Mayo Clinic suggested for this bacterial!!! Infection. I also noticed when I took a round of a stronger than normal antibiotic that my fibromyalgia symptoms greatly lessened and all most went away. They slowly came back though, but I wonder if there is a MAJOR link between the staph and my fibromyalgia.
Good luck. I hope this helps you.
Don't give up and think of healing not so much of the symptoms. Mind set has so much to do with your health...
I have the dots under my lips as well. I have discoloration of my lips and they dry out and crack and flake too. My two decades of my own research  - not these doctors is that it could be related to staph infection of the nose! I started taking large amounts 2000 mg + /day of Vitamin C to combat this and have great success with it. I'm not consistent with it, so the symptoms return. My doctor won't give me a round of the very strong anti-biotic and has not offered to take a culture of it. I am waiting for a bad case, go in and demand a culture to test for staph infection of the nose, and then get the antibiotic Mayo Clinic suggested for this bacterial!!! Infection. I also noticed when I took a round of a stronger than normal antibiotic that my fibromyalgia symptoms greatly lessened and all most went away. They slowly came back though, but I wonder if there is a MAJOR link between the staph and my fibromyalgia.
Good luck. I hope this helps you.