white pach on lips
hi!!

i am having a light pink colour on my lower lip half covered and half is brownish since 2 years. and on upper lip there is one small pink pach and other big path on very middle of the upper lip. i have seen to a dermatologist around 1 month back  she asked me to put TBIS 0.1% cream on it.but it still not working. and i am very afraid for vitiligo disease.when i asked my dematologist for the blood check up so i can know whether it is some other reason or not she refused for that. please help me what to do and what could be the reason for the lips getting pink and rest part dark brown.and yes the difference of the colour looks more in dark room and less in light. please help!!!

Shikha .
It can be an oral pigmented macule but if you are a smoker, smoker’s melanosis and any serious pathology need to be ruled out. Smoker’s melanosis is due to long-term tobacco smoking. Smoking cessation is the treatment of choice. The hyperpigmentation then disappears in a few months.

Cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen and laser are the other main treatment modalities. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
thank you sir... but i do not smoke.. i have asked my dermatologist for laser treatment but she said its not affective... and sir what cause oral pigmented macule???? please do ans...