white patches on groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white patches on groin

Hi, i'm 18 years of age, and have just noticed some red patches of skin approximately 1.5cm x .75cm in size, they are on the closest part of my legs to the groin, there are none of these on the scrotum or penis as of yet.
They look and feel similar to that of a mosquito bite, and there are about 5 of them.

My groin has been very itchy lately, I googled crabs/pubic lice, and it doesn't look as bad as that, the spots are a sort of inconspicuous red, not a standing out sort of red.

The commonest cause for such itchy red patches on the groin is due to fungal infection of the groins. Keep the area dry as the damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.