Dermatology Community
white/red bumps on lower stomach
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

white/red bumps on lower stomach

I am sexually active (with only one partner for a while now) and have these small bumps on my lower stomach.  They are white in the middle and red around the outside.  There are two there are bigger (about the size of whitehead on face) and several smaller ones.  they have been there for about a month a half now.  They will start to go away then come back, especially when i do something to sweat.  they will itch from time to time but no burning or hurting of any kind.  of course i have hair on my stomach, but i dont see any hairs actually arising from the middle of any bumps. I have been putting anti fungal cream on it a good bit.  What do you think this is, and is this cream the best/only thing to help?
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be folliculitis,dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizing cream applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...