white spots on childs face
I would like some help with a skin condition that my son has, he is 6 and for the last six months he has had tiny spots on his cheeks with a white head. Our GP prescribed a mild antibiotic cream which made no difference. The spots do not bother him and are not particularly noticeable but we would like to find out what is causing them. It looks like a very mild acne and this is what is worrying as he is only six. His face is washed with a mild baby soap twice a day.
Many thanks
Aede

Without examination ,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like milia.They are white pimples that occur mostly on the upper cheeks, nose and chin. The best way to prevent milia is to avoid treating the skin with excessively harsh chemicals and to limit sun exposure.Also use good quality cosmetics and exfoliate the skin regularly.If still the symptoms persist then chemical peeling or laser removal can be done.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.