Dermatology Expert Forum
white spots on skin espeicially when i sweat

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

hi doc i have a problem with my skin i have theses white spots on my neck and arms and it is spreading to my chest it started on my neck a year ago and has since started to spread to other areas of my body i do not go to a tanning salon however i do lay out in the sun but not as much as i use to only because it seems to make it worse with the pigment of my skin see i get very tan very easily and the white spots turn red then over to white.i noticed that when i sweat they turn red and become bubbley then they reside to white blotches again after about a couple of hours or  so some people had suggested to me that i may be allergic to my own sweat if this is true then what can i do to resolve this matter and to all the other sufferes out there with the same conditions  when people ask me what is that on my neck i just tell them that i had sunburn and i started to peel lol it is very embarrising to go around looking like this please help...
John:

It sounds like you have tinea versicolor, a noncontagious fungus which affects young people on the neck and chest and back.  It leaves marks which are either lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.  Sun doesn't cause the condition, but highlights it, because the spots don't tan like the rest of the skin.  See a doctor who can treat it.  It's easy, and the spots go away, though they take a while for the color to even out, on the orger of a month or two.  Then treat any recurrence right away, so it won't become widespread and unsightly.

best.

Dr. Rockoff
Help I have the same probelm
I have the same thing and my doctor said to spread head and shoulders shampoo like a cream on the areas and leave on 4-6 hours and wash off. do this for several weeks every other day and it will go away. then just tan and the spots will blend.
I have a similar question as John.  Recently three white bumps appeared on the coroner of my mouth and i was wondering what they could be and if this is the same thing that john is facing.
Hi doc, I have a similar problem as John and the rest.  Recently i noticed 3 white bumps on the corner of my mouth and i was just wondering what they were and what, if anything, is that a symptom of.  Thanks for your time.
i have the same thing , but , as with mine it is spread all over my body !! neck, back , arms, legs,fingers.i look like michael jackson, he is turning white , & i am turning black    lol. it is  very embarrasing . every thing i tried doesnt work. when i sweat, the blotches turn red then they get slightly raised. when i scratch them it seems like my skin is wet underneath. when i get out of the shower & dry , my skin  flakes a lot !! it seems like i am drying up & blowin away.the dr. scraped some of the skin flakes off & put them under a microscope with ultraviolet light & said it was tinea, but i heard from a relyable sorce, it could be agent orange !!!!!!
As with the rest of you I also have white spots all over my body it started with just small apots but in the past year or two it has grown to make me not want to take my shirt off in public , because I have no healt coverage I cant afford to go see a doc but I have this might be a form of scabies spreading over thhe body. However I have also heard of the head and shoulders method. But the only way for sure is to go see the doc. if I have to , (and dont really want to) ,I will write a bad check cause it sucks looking like micheal jackson and we do If you know what I mean......SPOT......
A related discussion, My sister has white spot was started.
A related discussion, What are these white blotchy spots on my skin? was started.
A related discussion, Orange spots on skin, advice please? was started.
A related discussion, White bumps was started.