white spots on skin
I have tiny white round spots all over my legs and arms.  I also have a dark tan on these areas.  Are these spots due to the tan/sun some how?

Thanks,
Hi!

I have a few white spots on my back, and two on my face. I went to my doctors and he gave me a steroid ointment (Daktacort) to put on the white spots for three weeks. I haven't see any improvement as of yet (I've only been using them for 1 week); So I suggest you go to your doctor, and ask him to be sure. Some people say it might be a fungus or a skin condition. The latter is something I'm hoping I don't have either.

There could be several causes of these white spots. It would be best to consult your doctor to find out the cause in your case and plan the further management accordingly.

Fungal infections are very common, and are often quite bothersome. One such example is a condition known as tinea versicolor, a superficial yeast infection that produces white spots on the skin that are difficult to remove.

Some of the perceived causes are emotional stress, hereditary factors, worms, sunburns and physical illness. This skin condition can be aggravated due to diseases like hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, pernicious anemia and Addison's disease.

You should talk to your doctor and rule out the above causes.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

i had pityriasis rosea and after the red spots and the itching went away i got many white spots on my arms and legs. i have had them for about 5 months now and now its almost the summer and i dont know how to get rid of them. can anyone help me?

Post inflamatotory hypopigmentation after PR is  not uncommon.Apply liquid paraffin,it should clear in sometime.