why do i have red bumps in my armpits

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

why do i have red bumps in my armpits

I am 13 and I have had these small red bumps in both of my armpits for about a year now. they feel hard and
hurt when you put presure on them.
I can't really see a doctor because of money issues and I am worried it could be something serious.
It also gets worse when I shave, and when I play sport because of sweating.
These red bumps can be cysts or hidraedinitis suppurativa. Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin disease that affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands and hair follicles; such as the underarms, groin and buttocks esp in women.

Apply warm compresses on the lumps and keep the area clean. Topical antiseptic treatment and topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment is very useful. If still the lumps persist then specific treatment like antibiotics, vit A supplements, corticosteroid injections, isotretinoin, antiandrogens and sometimes excision and drainage,laser therapy and radiotherapy are found useful. I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.