why is my face dry and peeling?

I am 18 yrs old and I have been having problems with my skin recently. I dont know whats the reason but my face seems really dry and it just peesl of after i moisurizer it or use foundation. Now, this problem comes and goes but its been better for a while. Now that its back I really need some help and advice on what to do or use. I dont know if its from the netrigena sunblock I've been using. . I also use cetaphil and other moistrizers for dry skin daily.

Peeling and flaking skin can be due to contact dermatitis and contact with harsh detergents, soaps and lotions. Sometimes cold, dry air can cause  peeling and dermatitis or fungal infections can also cause peeling.

Wash the areas with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid which should always be used under prescription.

Symptoms can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. During the day, hydrate and protect the skin with a protective and moisturizing cream. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.