widespread fungus infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

widespread fungus infection?

My husband seems to have fungal infections in several areas of his body. First one started about 10 years ago...a rash on his behind cheek which grew in size over time to about the size of a credit card.  FINALLY I convinced him to go to the MD about it after he's used one of every OTC cream under the sun.  Doc diganosed it as ringworm and prescribed him a steroid/anitfungal cream to apply and after following his instructions and applying it several weeks after it was gone...it is returning once again near the original vicinity.  

But now I'm starting to tie some things together.  Husband also had a sore removed from his lip which was diagnosed as early stage melanoma, then another came up and was removed and it was diagnosed as a fungal type canker, so the doctor is 'guessing' that the first sore was probably a false positive for cancer and instead was also fungal in nature.  

Add to this that husband also has several warts on the palms of his hands that he's had for ages.  Now would it be possible that he is just a fungal machine with legs?  He will be returning to the MD soon to start an oral fungal medicine for his behind rash since the cream isn't working.  Hoping it will clear up *everything*...the ringworm on behind, the warts on hands, and the recurring cankers on mouth.

Anyone with any experience with such a widespread fungus problem?  I'm not too familiar with it.  Does it spread through your bloodstream or can you just get various fungi in different places at once?  Microscopic parasites freak me out a bit...so I'm ready to eradicate this nuisance from our lives.