wound on finger that won't heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

wound on finger that won't heal

I have eczema and dry skin and I got a split in the crease of my right middle finger about a month ago and every time I slightly bent my finger it split again.  I used some liquid bandage with cyanaoacrylate which ALWAYS works but this time I guess because of the spot it was in it just didn't heal so I kept reapplying.  Now it is off and it is oozing a bit and I have been putting bactrtoban on at nite and just a bandaid during the day.  One doc said to use antibiotic ointment and the other said to leave it clean and dry and covered so I give up.  I do get it wet during the day even though I do use vinyl gloves to empty dehumidifier pans (3) etc.

I have Crohns disease and some days I am in the tub a few times.  I have tried taping gloves but water still gets in.  I have tried finger cots but they are rubber and I am allergic to rubber and even adhesives so where the adhesive from the band aids I put on to keep it clean has become red, bumpy and itchy.

Please, any advice at all would be appreciated.  My mistake with the liquid bandage this time was I bent my finger when I applied it thinking it would not crack open then if I bent the finger so it was growing back not withj thje 2 edges together but the underneath skin as a top layer.  I'll never do that again!!!!

There is no way I can not get washed so I don't know what to do.  The more upset I get the more my Crohns is acting up - vicious cycle.  Which is better -- using an antibiotic ointment or going dry...I have conflict of interest here.  Thank you.
sorry, don't know where "broken tibia that won't heal" came from.  Please ignore this tag.  Thanks
Delayed wound healing can occur in vitamin C and vit K deficiency,diabetes,p-rotein deficiency,immunocompromised states and if the person is taking corticosteroids or immunosuppressants. So get your blood sugar levels estimated. For the wound, clean it with an antiseptic and apply topical antibiotics like Neosporin . Also you need to take some oral antibiotics for which I suggest you to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.