Dermatology Expert Forum
yellow areas on hands and fingers
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yellow areas on hands and fingers

I am writing to ask what yellow areas on hands are or could be it is palm side.I have been having health problems and have had neuro work up which is negative. I had an abd cat scan with contrast in may 06 for right lower quadrant pain which was normal. I am currantly under the care of a gastoenterologist who thinks my pain is adhesions due to multiple gyn surgeries I have so many different pains I thought it might be   fibromyalgia I have had normal blood work within last two months including normal liver enzymes and bun creatinine. But now I am scared of this yellowing on my hands and fear it is jaundice. There is no itching. Any ideas why this would occur on my hands I do not eat carrots or juices that could cause this
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Jaundice would appear in the eyes before it would be seen on the hands.  Any basic workup would include a blood test for bilirubin, which is the basis for jaundice, so I can't imagine your doctors would have found anything and not told you.  One cause of yellow palms is carotenemia, which people get if they eat a very large amount of yellow vegetables or during large quantities of vegetable juice.  Or perhaps your palm skin is just thick and looks yellowish to you.  You'll need to see a doctor in person to see what this actually is, if anything.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, yellow skin was started.
Blank
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank