yellow pus in my index finger tips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

yellow pus in my index finger tips

I have been sufferring from the last 4 month .
Whenever it seems like heeling again i get the yellow pus it's very small.
You couldn't believe for this I did biopsys on my finger and two times complete clean up(kind of surgery) of my finger
tip by doctor but I didn't get any result from anywhere. Now the doctor is sending me other doctor. I am really very frustated now.
Could you Please help me out.
I had an infection on my left index finger last week with yellow pus so I used hot water and a wash cloth wrapped it around my finger and put lite pressure on the finger and drained the pus.after that i used typical ointment and bandage until the infections was gone.however its back again ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know why the infection is back AGAIN.
http://www.davidlnelson.md/Paronychias.htm

It sounds to me like you have a paronychia. I am a Family Nurse Practitioner student, and today in clinic a patient came to me complaining of the symptoms that you are describing. His middle finger was very swollen and red around the nailbed with an area of whiteness closest to the nail.
Using STERILE technique, I cleaned the area thoroughly with Betadyne and lanced a small portion of the site with a scalpel. I gently expressed the pus and wrapped the finger in a dry dressing. The patient was sent home with an antibiotic for Keflex.

If the infection is not at the point where it needs to be lanced, then hot soaks are often recommended: From the website previously mentioned...
"If you soaked your hand in hot water, it would turn red, right? This is because there is an increased blood supply. Since blood supply is how we get our white cells (infection fighters) to the site of the battle, increasing blood supply is a good idea. The hot soaks do this. Hot soaks consist of putting the hand into very warm water: not hot enough to hurt, but hot enough to make the hand very red. Hot tap water is usually hot enough, and cool it down with cold if you have to. The red means that there is a lot of increase blood flow to the hand, bringing the body's natural infection-fighting cells to the site as well as lots of antibiotics. The soaks should be about 20 minutes long, and often the hot water needs replacing. If it cools off before the 20 minutes is up, put more hot water in. Additives such as epson salts or betadyne are not needed if the skin is not broken, but some patients like to add them anyway. The hot soaks should be repeated five times a day."