zit or herpes or something else? PLEASE

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

zit or herpes or something else? PLEASE

a little over a month ago i guess it was, i got a zit in the corner of my lip. it was obnoxious and red and there for a while. but it went away. i have been "hooking up" with one of my best guy friends for a long time now. this past weekend we spent together and, this is personal but necessary for the question... we did engage in oral sex. this was not the first time by any means, but on sunday i woke up with a tiny little zit you could hardly see in the corner of my mouth just outside my bottom lip. it does not look like before. it iwas white mostly, but has dark reddish speckles on it and it grew to be considerably larger over a 24-hour period. it basically looks like a mini-speckled egg and i think it is puss and blood and that is why. but i am afraid that it is herpes. i never get cold sores or anything so i have no idea. my mom saw it when it was just like a whitehead and said she had that before but she gets cold sores a lot and it has changed since. please help! i am worried.