Is it REALLY possible?
It has been on my mind for quite some time now, getting off of methadone. However, I have been on it for well over 6 years at this point! My dose is pretty high too, at 285mg!!! I so badly want a life that is free of the chains that methadone literally wraps around you then gets locked off with a keyless seeming padlock! I feel like it has been so long since starting methadone, not to mention the demons that had led me to it in the first place, that I have altogether forgotten what it's like to truly FEEL! I do, however, believe that I am in a better place now than compared to where I was at before starting methadone maintenance. With the New Year quickly approaching, I feel like my life is FAR OVERDUE for some really big changes!! Even though methadone was and has been a "lifesaver" with helping me maintain my sobriety and given me a chance to get some stability in many aspects in my life, it now feels like a huge mountain that I must get over in order to achieve some of the most important goals that I've set for my adult life! A loving & healthy relationship and having a child &/or children are things that I must achieve! The problem lies here: methadone. I am so scared though to have to endure the sickness and pain that comes with meth withdrawal! I am SOOOOO sick and tired of being sick and tired! I literally feel like I might not make it through! In all reality, approximently how long would it take to "taper down" from a 285mg dose that I've been taking for so many years? Really though, I am scared to death to have to go through withdrawal!!!!  :(
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
chgplz joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 14
tracyr828 joined this group
Welcome them!
01/15
Goodpersoninside Male 45yrs Comment
08/14