Anyone have problems with 1 hour glucose
I had my one hour glucose appointment today and I'm literally beyond thirsty  all day I feel as though I can drink the river dry ! Don't know why I feel this way :'(
Thirst is a hallmark of diabetes. Before the development of insulin diabetic patients would crave gallons of milk and water a day. When there is insufficient insulin the body starts using an alternative to bring glucose levels down. It doesn't work very well, but requires a great deal of fluid to wash out the glucose. This, in turn, causes thirst.
Seriously I drank so much yesterday that I thought I was going to suffocate from the inside ! Do you know how long it usually takes for blood results ?
If you are pregnant and concerned with possible diabetes, you need to see your health provider asap.  Uncontrolled blood sugar can be very damaging to your baby.

You could also buy a home meter from a chemist.  Fastiung blood sugar should be < 95 (ideally in the low 80s), and post eating < 120 (ideally below 100).

Depends on the lab for how long it takes to get blood test results back.

In the meantime, avoid sugars and limit carbs.  

Let us know.