Aa
A
A
Close
High fasting blood sugar
I am recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes. My fasting glucose usually sit at right around 100 on a daily basis.
My 2 HR pp levels are terrific (as my dr stated) I am trying to avoid taking any medications for the diabetes. Is there anything I can do to bring my fasting sugars down??
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Eat early dinner and walk before you take your fasting sugar
Comment
Cancel
Comment
231441 tn?1333896366
Exercise will help.  You could also try having a small snack before bed (this should be protien and fats - ie. egg with mayonaise, some cheese and nuts, etc).  By eating at night you may be able to help your morning blood sugar be a bit lower.  When you have extended fasting your liver can put out glucose.  By eating a small snack you may be able to prevent your liver doing this.  hope this helps.  Please come back and let us know how you're going.

Often diabetes in preganncy will get worse as the pregnancy progresses (insulin resistance increases as the pregnancy progresses and the placenta grows).  I am telling you this so that you know that even if you can't get the blood sugar as low as you want it is not a failure on your behalf.  Usually insulin is used during pregnancy.  If it does come to this, it is nothing to be feared, it is just an effective tool to be sure you and your baby are healthy.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Blank
Manila, Philippines
5536886 tn?1455830946
Blank
Diabetes - Gestational Community Resources