Not passing 1 hr glucose test but passing 3 hr test
I ate sugar free toast at 5 am..my test was 1:15..?highest score is 139 you can have.mine was 170...I have to take  3hr test now.did you not pass 1hr test but did the 3hr?
Yes! Its actually really easy to fail the first one! Most women do, and then they pass the 3 hour! With my first I ate all day and failed the hour and then passed the 3 hour and so with my second baby I decided to just not eat before the first one because I hated the 3 hour one lol I was starving!!!!! Does your family have a history of it in the women when they were pregnant?
No family history of it....I just don't know how it could b 170 if I only had toast at 5am. And test was 1:15pm..if I ate more then that I could understand.
Most sugar free items do not contain real sugar but they contain artificial sugars which are worse for you (like diet soda) bread has a very very small amount of sugar in it so if you ate regular bread you would have been fine.

actually bread is made from flour which is a carbohydrate, and carbohydrates (including sugar and flours) are what makes your blood sugar rise.

If you were 170 at 1:15 pm 8 hours after eating only 2 slices of bread, you may indeed have a blood sugar problem. It will be important to go through with the 3 hour test, or even better, to get a blood sugar meter and start testing fasting and 2 hours after eating.  Then feed this information back to your doctor.

Carbs are what causes your blood sugar to rise.  So your are going to need to strictly control how much carbs and particularly sweets you eat.

Protein and fat have much less impact on blooodd sugar than carbs.  Green leafy veges are also pretty much free foods with minimal impact on blood sugar..

It is important to avoid natural sugars and artificial sweeteners, which are also not good for your body at all.

Let us know how you go wih additional testing / monitoring.