Diabetes - Type 1 Community
* URGENT: Nickel-free Needles for IV & Blood Collection

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

** Urgent** Pls help...I need  to find an IV Infusion needle that's  Nickel-free, Latex-free, and Silicone-free (NF, LF, SF) to treat an infection.  Spent days calling needle manufacturers with no success.  With over 600 million people suffering from nickel allergies (more than latex allergies by far), I'm shocked beyond words, how this can be!  I also need to find blood collection needles that are  NF, LF, and SF.  None of the largest blood collection labs have nickel-free needles. Some background on why this is so important: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108538/?report=printable
Europe has strict nickel regulations (banned nickel use in many items) b/c they know that frequent exposure can lead to serious nickel allergies. No such thing here in the USA.  Would appreciate a European list of medical suppliers.
Tags: nickel allergy needle
BTW - I'm posting this in Diabetes section (and allergies section) due to the frequent use of needles in diabetes and the possibiity that a NF diabetes needle supplier may also make other types of needles that are NF. Thank you.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet