Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Weight Watchers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weight Watchers

I am on the insulin pump also . My question is would Weight Watchers be a good diet for me go follow or the carb counting one i am on now ? I just found out i have to eat gluten free foods also this is why i am confused on which diet i should follow i am use to the carb counting .

thanks

debby4211
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Debby!

With DM1 it would be risky to switch to a weight watchers diet; which focuses on creating a calorie deficit not recommended with juvenile diabetes due to risk of complications, even if you have been on the pump. Gluten free foods are fine, but these may not help with weight loss. The carb counting would be an efficient way, though you could try discussing it with your treating endocrinologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
This helps me alot maybe now my husband will get off my back about weight watchers . He is on this weight watchers diet and is doing so good well i keep telling him that i can't do both and i know i need the carbs to put in my pump . He gose no you just eat like weight watchers and add the carbs in too ur pump don't worry about the carbs is this right ? i know it sounds like the same question but it isn't . I am asking do i forget carbs let the pump take care of that part just i make sure i don't go over the points everyday ?  i agree with you of course NO you don't do that if your a diabetic . How do i get this through to him now ?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now