18 month old son with diabetes ?
My son is 18 months old, and I am very concerned with him.  He is always a very happy baby, for the past 4 weeks he has been super cranky, I thought it was just teething and moved on.  Now he has a diaper rash that just won't go away.  It almost looks like a blister.  I googled diaper rashes and of course diabetes came up.  father in law has type 2 so I used his meter to check, it said 169.  I thought that was pretty high.  So then I checked again in the morning after 12 hours of no eating or drinking and it said 105.  Is that a high number?  Should I be concerned?  

the high blood sugars could be as a result of an infection, or it could be early diabetes.

Normal blood sugars (even in infants) should be in the 80s all the time (even after eating).  Suggest you test him 2 hours after a feed and see where his numbers are.

Defintely this is worth agressively following this up with your son't doctor.  Early treatment of diabetes (with insulin if type 1) can help preserve pancreas function for as long as possible and make management easier.