Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2 Year Old/ 130 Blood Sugar. Help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 Year Old/ 130 Blood Sugar. Help!

My son was diabetic when he was first born. (5 weeks early) The doctors said he has since grown out of it, but my mother just took his blood and it was 130, after not eating for at least 2 hours. Do I need to have further tests done for him, or am I over-reacting?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1650654_tn?1301586391
Definitely take him to get checked out.  I've heard of the same thing from other people where it "went away" for a while, but came back. Can't hurt to get him professionally looked at and keep an eye on it before he could possibly get higher readings.  
Blank
I wholeheartedly agree with NatashaAmee.  Have him checked again.  Watch what sugar and carbohydrates he eats in the meantime.  Starches and carbs will turn to sugar in the system and elevate blood sugar.  I hope that his diabetes is able to be controlled with diet, but at his age it would be hard to tell if that is possible.  Please don't wait to make the appointment with the doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now