22 year old diabetic
I have type1 diabetes, I was diagnosed at the age of 11, throught the years I have been only hispitalized just 1 time. I have high running numbers and no matter what I do I drink water , diet soda, lots of salads but my numbers run high, I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter whom I gave birth to at 18 and comlications left and right but other than her weight , shes perfectly fine. I have issues at times but not severe.I live in the state of AZ and I am unemployed and no health insurance my husband just started a new job, the state says we make 200.00 over and I can tell lately I am not myself , I asked If theirs anyone who can help and she said " no sorry ma' am" and hung up. Is their anything any help I can get to see a doctor? my perscriptions? I feel alone and helpless..Do I go to the doctor and pay thousands out of pocket or  support the family?? .I have a beautiful daughter who I want to be their for and a loving husband, I need to be healthy.... Any one have advice on health assistance and why I run High numbers?
I'm sorry you are having problems. It's really hard when you don't have insurance! You don't say anything about your insulin regimen. Are you on a long-acting insulin such as Levemir or Lantus and a fast-acting insulin for your meals? Do you know your Insulin:Carb ratios to determine your mealtime dose? This is the best way to control blood sugar. If you don't know how to do this, you might look in the library for the book Using Insulin by John Walsh or Think Like a Pancrease (I forget the author). Also, send me a PM if you want a website with a lot of experienced diabetics who can help you understand how to control your blood sugar. Will you be able to get on your husband's insurance when he is past probation? You really need insurance for your diabetes. Meanwhile you might check for free or sliding scale clinics in your area.