Diabetes - Type 1 Community
31 yr old male, hot flashes just started
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

31 yr old male, hot flashes just started

Any resources about what can cause hot flashes in type 1 diabetic men?  today they are more frequent than ever
Related Discussions
Hi type1steve,
I looked around the literature and couldn't find anything on this. But then I'm not a doc, just the mom of a type-1 diabetic. You didn't provide many details-- is your blood sugar low or high during these hot flashes? Do they occur at a particular time? Are you having trouble sleeping? Hot flashes have been linked to insomnia.

Please give us a few more details, and maybe someone out here in ForumLand will have some ideas/suggestions.

4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm 24 F and have been having random hot flashes, and they really don't seem to have anything to do with my blood sugar.  My blood sugar can be perfectly normal and I still get hot flashes, to the point where I throw up.  Don't know why they're here either.
Blank
They went away.

I've increased physical activity and lost ten pounds since october 21.  It was just my body adjusting.

I'm getting good exercise five out of seven days a week.
Blank
How are your sugar levels?  When my sugar is elevated or if I eat something with a high sugar content,  I could sit in a tub of ice. Also you might ask for a thyroid panel as well.  several years ago I developed graves disease.  At times I felt like I could spontaneous combust.  Talk to your md it might also have other hormone imbalances as well.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
wideopen commented on Mediterranean Diet Ma...
Oct 16
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
Oct 07
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
Oct 03
Diabetes - Type 1 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949