Diabetes - Type 1 Community
9 year old daughter low bloods non diabetic we think
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

9 year old daughter low bloods non diabetic we think

Hi to all!!! my 9 year old daughter has been complaining for a month of headaches , sore tummys , hunger and dizziness. My 14 year old is IDD for 8 years now and on an insulin pump...which is wonderful!!! Anyway...last night she looked unwell sore tummy , dizzy and hungry...so I checked her blood sugars...2.6 which is under 4 so is a hypo...I gave her coke and something to eat and checked her bloods through the night which were 8.5....I have noticed a weight gain recently and mood swings....any ideas....I not sure if its onset Diabetes the calm before the storm or something else...thanks guys for reading this...take care out there Claire scotland.xxxx
Related Discussions
Hi!  I do not read those readings being here in the US but from what I gather in your post, the moods are from too high of sugars. When she is low, do you over feed her too much to bring back her sugar to a good number?  That could be the reason for the weight gain. I know of some pumpers that just gain weight too. When fixing a low sugar and she has eaten something to help, after 15 minutes goes by recheck her sugar. That will tell you if the sugar needs more food.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
2 hrs ago
Blank
siwells48 commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Aug 20
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on my broken ankle.
Aug 17
Diabetes - Type 1 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979