Diabetes - Type 1 Community
9 year old daughter low bloods non diabetic we think

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi to all!!! my 9 year old daughter has been complaining for a month of headaches , sore tummys , hunger and dizziness. My 14 year old is IDD for 8 years now and on an insulin pump...which is wonderful!!! Anyway...last night she looked unwell sore tummy , dizzy and hungry...so I checked her blood sugars...2.6 which is under 4 so is a hypo...I gave her coke and something to eat and checked her bloods through the night which were 8.5....I have noticed a weight gain recently and mood swings....any ideas....I not sure if its onset Diabetes the calm before the storm or something else...thanks guys for reading this...take care out there Claire scotland.xxxx
Hi!  I do not read those readings being here in the US but from what I gather in your post, the moods are from too high of sugars. When she is low, do you over feed her too much to bring back her sugar to a good number?  That could be the reason for the weight gain. I know of some pumpers that just gain weight too. When fixing a low sugar and she has eaten something to help, after 15 minutes goes by recheck her sugar. That will tell you if the sugar needs more food.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet