Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Amenorrhea

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Amenorrhea

Can anyone brief me ont he link between the absence of periods, known as Ammenoreah and High Blood Sugar? and if the Blood sugar levels regain control, do the periods restart?
There can be many reasons for amenorreah. I am not a doctor and not familiar with the link between high blood sugars and amenorrhea.  I would recommend seeing a gynecologist or your regular physician for a complete physical to rule out hormonal or other reasons that your period may have stopped. I do know that periods can stop if you have lost a significant amount of weight and/or are exercising more than may be good for your body.  Today there is such an emphasis on being thin, particularly for young women. Your body needs a certain amount of weight in order to be functioning fully.  When you have diabetes, it is natural to be concerned about the food you eat and exercise.  Be sure to discuss these issues with your physician or dietician to make sure your getting enough food to maintain your health. If this turns out to be the cause of your amenorrhea, it is certainly reversible.  

At any rate, a doctor's visit is in order to find out the cause. Good luck!
Cinnabon,
A few thoughts come to mind.  The workout supplement may well have "messed" with your already stressed endocrine system.  It may take a while for your natural rhythms to come back.

If you're in your 30s or 40s, you may be experiencing peri-menopause.  Not menopause (the end of periods), but the period of time before that (sometimes lasting 10, 15 or more years).  There are lots of books on the subject and you might recognize other peri-menopausal symptoms.

Since our endocrine systems are a bit out of whack - due to diabetes - it's not uncommon that other hormone-balancing processes might not be working well.  Whatever you can do to regain reasonable DM control will help.  I know you know that and I also know it's easier to say than to do.

Finally, stress.  Stress has a HUGE impact on my DM management and really difficult times almost always lead to higher BGs for me.  That, in turn, stresses me.  <sigh>  If you can find just one way to nurture yourself instead of potentially punishing yourself through the stress, you might find a way to break the cycle.

Do talk with your doc, of course, since this is apparently a significant change from your normal self.  Good luck.
Yes I have been to my Gyn. All tests came back normal. I had a few other issues at the same time my peiod stopped:
1) new STRESSFUL job
2) Big calorie consumption decrease
3) Stopped a Work out supplement containing Ephedra.
I did not lose a dramatic amount of weight, just mantained myself as usual.

Its really mind boggling, It has been 5 months now and the last thing I could come up with was high blood sugar causing this. I know of a lot of women that have experienced this and are NON diabetic and have been put on Glucophage just to regulate their Bsugar levels.
I agree with LRS.

One other thing to consider is whether your diet actually contains enough calories, given the intensity of your workout routine.  
I saw your diet below.  You didn't mention your starting weight or your height.  If you are a very large woman, you may need a higher caloric intake than what you described.  If this is a very drastic dietary change for you, your body may respond with irregular periods for a while until you become accustomed to it.

Good luck!