Birth Control Question
I have had Type 1 diabetes for almost 8 years, and I am currently taking Humalog throughout the day and Lantus at night. My numbers are not perfect, but as long as I remember to test and take shots, I am able to keep things uner control. I recently turned 18, and am considering getting started on birth control of some kind. My on-campus health center is able to write prescriptions, but I have heard that Diabetics can have more serious complications. Do I have to go to my Endocrinologist or to a Gynecologist in order to get a prescription?
Hey!
I'm 21 and a type 1 Diabetic! I've had it for about 5 years and have been on the pill for many years! I have had zero problems with it, but I did consult my GP before going on it. He was totally fine with it and so was my endo! :) I decided to go on the "mini-pill", but that was just to minimise the side effects.

I would recommend just having a quick chat with your GP or your endo- just so they are in the loop :)