Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Burning Sensations all over my body

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Burning Sensations all over my body

About a week and a half ago, I slowly developed tingling (first) in my right hand, then it started in my left foot, but similar to an "icy-hot" feeling....a few days later, it has progressed to a burning sensation that sporadically hits all parts of my body (face, neck, forearm, hands, legs, toes, feet). These sensations started occuring the week after I was really stressed out about wondering if my pap smear results would be ok, and the fact that I was going to be audited by the IRS!! Funny thing is, at night, I'm not in as much pain as I am during the day. (I can wake up in the middle of the night and have no pain whatsoever). But as the day progress, the sensation starts as a icy hot feel in my feet, then burning sensation, then I may even have ice cold feet. But the burning sensation prevails. It feels like I'm on fire. It has happened constantly every day since it first started. I went to Urgent Care today (I'm out of town on business), and the doctor did a neurological physical and took blood work. He stated that it could be stress/anxiety (I have been under EXTREME stress lately), vitamin B deficiency, hormonal imbalance/thyroid problem, amongst other things. I asked him about peripheral neuropathy and he strongly feels that I don't have that. So I'm at a lost. And I'm in pain! I've been constantly on the internet, looking up causes of this trying to figure out what it is. I made an appointment with a neurologist (he can't see me until July 5th), but I really need some pain relief!!!! Any ideas what i can do to ease the discomfort? And also, any ideas of what my condition could be (possibly Diabetes)? Thanks for your feedback!
Until your blood tests come back, it is all guesswork. No one can diagnose or rule out diabetes (or any of the other possibilities) until your blood work is available (I am hoping the doctor did an HgbA1C).

I am inclined to say it is stress...there are prescription meds that can help with that. Over the counter...long term St Johns Wort....short term, try chamomile tea, massage and a soak in a whirlpool (always works for me). Once the physical causes are identified and addressed, you may also want to see a counselor to learn stress management techniques.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet