Clean Slate
I'm your typical rebellious 21 year old who has had juvenile diabetes since the age of 8. I went through my teen years blowing everything off and continued into part of my college years. Now here i am, wanting to fix it but have no idea where to start. I had to switch from my childrens doctor who diagnosed me and was glared at by my new one when she saw just how bad everything was. I honestly am ready to change things but don't know what to do. I'm attending college in a small town with no close access to the luxurious medical clinics of the big cities. Does anyone recommend any websites that could help with figuring out a nutrition plan and such? I just want to relearn what should be going into my body and such. Even a good childrens website would be beneficial. Thanks!
I'm so glad you posted and you've decided to take a new focus on your diabetes. I have heard many stories like yours from people who went through similar phases during their teens and then got things back on track. I'm going to send you a private message with the name of a website with many more longterm diabetics on it. There are separate forums for young people and for diet and nutrition and you will get a lot of support! Best of luck to you!