Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Clean Slate

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Clean Slate

I'm your typical rebellious 21 year old who has had juvenile diabetes since the age of 8. I went through my teen years blowing everything off and continued into part of my college years. Now here i am, wanting to fix it but have no idea where to start. I had to switch from my childrens doctor who diagnosed me and was glared at by my new one when she saw just how bad everything was. I honestly am ready to change things but don't know what to do. I'm attending college in a small town with no close access to the luxurious medical clinics of the big cities. Does anyone recommend any websites that could help with figuring out a nutrition plan and such? I just want to relearn what should be going into my body and such. Even a good childrens website would be beneficial. Thanks!
I'm so glad you posted and you've decided to take a new focus on your diabetes. I have heard many stories like yours from people who went through similar phases during their teens and then got things back on track. I'm going to send you a private message with the name of a website with many more longterm diabetics on it. There are separate forums for young people and for diet and nutrition and you will get a lot of support! Best of luck to you!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
1 hr ago
Nighthawk61 commented on Nighthawk61's status
Aug 10
Nighthawk61 commented on Guest1992's status
Aug 08