Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Diabetes and loss of memory

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Diabetes and loss of memory

My brother has been a type 1 diabetic for 20 years, within this last month he has had 3 episodes where he looses total memory loss his suger was low only once out of the 3 times.. He does and says things that he does not remember at all, then suddenly hes back to being himself.I myself have been a diabetic for over 30 years and have not expierenced this. I'm very worried about what has been going on with him and dont think this is normal
No, I agree. It sounds to me like something else might be going on, especially since only one out of the three times was his blood sugar low when it happened. Does he drink a lot or use drugs? Is he on other medication? I would encourage him to see his doctor or endo.
He does drink, drugs I'm not sure hes 25 and for the last 20 years he has had a hard time accepting the fact that hes a diabetic and its not gonna go away...Other medications ...yes...for his blood pressure.  Thanks for your advice.
I myself have type 1 and it is hard to face the fact but he has to come to terms with it.Drinking does affect sugars get him to slow down on that try light beer and not the hard stuff.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Feb 07
MH Community Mgr commented on mommy52's status
Feb 04
Feb 04