Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Diabetic ketoacidosis

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Diabetic ketoacidosis

Back in March of 2005 I had abad case of DKA and was told that If my husband had waitted another day I would either be dead or in a coma, But eversincce these 4 day in the hospital in a step down unit I have had really bad memory problems and severe vertigo.....I am weak all the time and and I cant even get a job because of my problems! My question is, Are my problems because of the episode of DKA or something they might have done to me--like the pills they kept feeding me??? Thanks I have no idea what they were.it was like I wasn't a person, just aproblem to deal with.................
When you went to the hospital I think they would have given you an IV in order to hydrate your body.  I would visit my doctor if I were you and explain the symptoms you are having.  I think once the DKA was properly taken care of then you would have to make sure that your blood sugar levels do not go that high anymore.
Memory loss and weakness seem more like signs that you have had low blood sugars or hypoglycemia.  Severe vertigo is not a symptom of diabetes.  If you have been diagnosed with Vertigo I would imagine that it would affect your diabetes, but I am not sure if it would cause low blood sugars or high blood sugars.
I would find out what kind of pills they gave you, because nurses and doctors are very cautious when administering medication to a diabetic knowing that different medications can cause lows or highs.
I do think visiting your endocrinologist and asking these questions would be the most help to you.