Diamaxol (Diabeticine) for blood sugar control
My questions are about Diamaxol (Diabeticine) a natural supplement.
There has been a lot of information and studies claiming that Diamaxol
helps normalize blood sugar in type two diabetics.
Have any of you had experience with Diamaxol or know anyone who has or
Heard of anyone who has used Diamaxol and the results?
Hear is the web page with a lot of information.
http://www.micronutra.com/diamaxol.html
Diamaxol is a brand name but I have heard of another product that is called Blood Sugar
Formula that has the same ingredients and costs less then Diamaxol.
Any opinion or info on Blood Sugar Formula.
Web page http://www.vitabase.com/catbloodsugar.asp
I would be great full for any help or information or opinion on natural supplements for blood sugar control.
Hi, I'm not a medical professional, I'm just a parent of a child with diabetes.  The <a href="http://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/2005/CL178e.pdf" target=_blank>FDA says</a> that there is no evidence that the ads for Diabeticine violate the law because they are not correct.  For example, it states that Diabeticine is 64% effective for reversing type 1.  That in itself is a ludicrous claim.  If it were valid, there would be a couple million families buying as much of this as they can.  

It is also claimed that Diabeticine increased the number of islet cells.  This claim is absolutely bogus.  There is no known way to count the number of islet cells in a living person.  It's simply not possible with today's technology.  

In my opinion, the only reason that the company is able to still market this stuff is because they are claiming it as a "health supplement", which is not subject to stringent FDA regulations.  There is no known research of anything which reverses the cause of diabetes.  Nothing.  This is a bogus product, and I wouldn't spend a penny on it.
BTW, the best thing to do to control blood sugar is proper diet and exercise, combined with monitoring and proper insulin treatment.  There is no simple, easy, shortcut way to do it.
Hi, I'm not a medical professional, I'm just a parent of a child with diabetes.
For a non medical professional you sure are stating some
hard medical facts!
I never said that I believed the claims.
Just was interested in opinions other then the
marketing people at the web site.
Thanks for the reply comments.
Just wanted to comment.  I agree with RL.  I have been diabetic for 25 years and would have tried something such as you stated if it were available.  I would suggetst that you go to other websites besides ones that advertise the product to find accurate information.
Not really, I'm just referring to what the FDA said, as well as what I've heard during doctor visits and from reading research updates.
I am a type 1 diabetic who has been using Diamaxol (Diabeticine) for a little over a year.  I can understand why people would think the claims for this product are rediculous, but I decided since the medical community wasn't curing me, I would give it a shot.  My insulin needs have in fact been reduced.  I am certainly still not cured, but N dosage has gone from 6 units in the am to 1 unit, and evening N dosage from 12 units to 9.  Based on early am blood sugar levels, this looks like it will be going to 8 units soon.  If insulin needs keep dropping, I will probably continue to take it.  Diabetics are often deficient in certain vitamins and minerals which are found in this product.  Also, herbs such as banaba and bitter melon (also fenugreek) contain polypeptide-p (plant insulin) which helps to manage blood sugar.  The cinnamon can help with insulin resistance and gymnema sylvestre can reduce sugar cravings.  There are other "diabetic multivitamins" that may be effective, though I am not familiar with them personally.  I suspect any of them would be more effective for a type 2 than a type 1.  Also, Techmedica recommends at least 15 minutes of daily exercise along with Diamaxol use.  I am quite active and at one point, my daily N was only 1 unit/day; however, due to a knee/hip injury that activity level dropped and insulin needs increased again.  
The per bottle price decreases the more you order (buy 2 bottles, get 1 free; buy 3 bottles, get 2 free, etc) and they send a bottle of digestive enzymes with every order, though I personally feel the Now Foods brand pancreatin is just as good and much more reasonably priced.