Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Ear pain,feet swelling,arm numbness,headaches

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

I have been having strange headaches for the last 2 years at base of skull to top of head. Along with headaches I have numbness in left arm/hand and face and toes, Left leg is very weak, have dizziness, ear pain and tinnitus and my most recent problem is my feet and ankles are swelling, rapid heartbeat/ and dull chest pain. I know I sound like a hypochondriac but something is going on. I don't feel right and two doctors think it all boils down to anxiety. I know I have anxiety but I have had anxiety my whole life without all of these symptoms. Any suggestions! Thanks so much! I do have family history of diabetes, thyroid disease, strokes, brain AVM's, chiari malformations, and heart disease.
These symptoms are not typical diabetes symptoms. If you are convinced there is a physical problem, you can ask for a referral to a specialist. However, you would be surprised how many physical symptoms can manifest as result of anxiety. Even though you have had anxiety all your life, it may have gotten worse and manifest in this way. I would suggest trying to treat the anxiety and see if you have relief from the symptoms. (The best treatment is to see a therapist for a full assessment and diagnosis and then they will prescribe medication and perhaps therapy.) Good luck to you, it sounds awful.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr commented on mommy52's status
Feb 04
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Feb 04
Feb 04