Early Detection?
Hello I'm a teenage girl. My mother's side of the family has lots of diabetes and weight problems. For the past 2 years I have had hair loss, my hair is not getting thinner but each time I brush my hair I loose a large amount and through out the day. Every 2 days I have to clean the hair off my brush because it gathers so much hair. I often get headaches, feel sluggish and tired. Sometimes I feel 'off' I can't pin point it. I'll have strange craving for fruit, or even weirder for foods I hate like hot dogs. About a year ago I went to the doctor and did some tests, they all came back negative. However all these things are persisting. I'm starting to wonder if I'm showing symptoms but they are so minimal they can't be detected by a test. What do you think? Should I go to another doctor?
I think you should maybe get an a1c done, its a test of your average level of blood sugars over three months. if its within normal range, then you can most likely rule out diabetes. but if its higher than that might be it.