Ever have a rapid decreasing sugar reading/reaction with Lantus?
Took 30 units Lantus at night, and hit a small vein, had blood. Sugar level started rapidly going down 15 mins later.. over 100 points within a half hour, and still dropping. It went from 280 to 125 within an hour; the urgent care said to call 911, and paramedics helped me, but, the doctor at ER wasn't 'sure' exactly how the Lantus did this.. anyone have similar experience ?
Mostly likely you hit a vein so that the insulin was able to go directly into your blood stream and be metabolized quickly.  This is not a very usual situation.
This is one reason why theoretically we are supposed to pull back the syringe a little before injecting to be sure we haven't accidently hit a vessel.  However, most people don't do this.

An alternative thought; is there any chance you could have injected your fast acting  instead of your long acting (I have done that once and spent about 6 hours sitting up drinking sweet tea and monitoring blood sugar until it was stable).
Ty Sally, No did not inject fast acting, had it checked by another. So it was strange, and the ER doc said no real vein that could be hit would be affected or is in back of arm.. all main veins are in front of arm. Yet it happened, and I've read others who hit a vessel and it went down... I'm sorry  your sugar went down so fast , from doing the fast acting instead... that can be tricky/scary... hope u are well !!!!
Yes, I am doing fine.
There is a saying Your Diabetes May Vary YDMV.  Basically this means that we're all different and how we react to medications can also vary.

Put it down to experience, I guess.  The main thing is to test sugar levels frequently enough to know what is happening, and also to test if you feel strange.

Hope you have a great weekend too.