Fasting glucose question
I am a 31 year old with no prior medical history.  I am fit, eat well and exercise regularly.  I had a complete physical one month ago and the doctor sent me the blood work results.  At the bottom he wrote "all test results look very good"  Next to the lipid profile he wrote "excellent".  The problem is, the glucose number (after fasting) was 125.  The reference rage on that line was 70-126.  My last phsyical 2 years prior with a different doctor included complete blood work.  I did not get written results from that physcial just a call from the nurse saying everything was normal.  My current doctor is board certified in internal medicine and his his CV says he has an interest in diabetes.  Am I missing something?  Is 125 considered "very good".
Dear Andrew,
     125 isn't so far out of range to be concerned. Many diabetics keep their blood sugars from 70 to 150. i wouldn't consider this to be anything to worry over, as it isn't going to do you any harm and is in the normal range. So count your blessings as i wish i could get mine to do that every time i had fasted. bret
Your results are within the reference for that lab, and so that means your results are normal.

You might want to watch the number in the coming years to see if you get any higher.  While I understand your concern that you're close to top of the range, blood sugar numbers vary continuously during the day & night and there is some margin of error associated with each blood test.

You're doing all the right things and if I were in your shoes, I'd take my doc's interpretation to heart.  Keep up your good work.