Diabetes - Type 1 Community
HELP!!!!!!

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

HELP!!!!!!

Hi everyone i hope somone could help me out with some advise. My daughter was diagnose with type one diabetes in the virgin islands she is 11 years old they did not give me no information or anything to help me with my daughter. Then i notice three months after she was diagnose she started to get pumps and sores on her skin from the insulin and told them they did not take her off so i took my child and move to bakersfield ca and i got the best help from the la children hospital they are amazing, but this where my problem came in they change her insulin right away and it came more difficult because i had to count carbs and just learn new things. So the doctor told me that she needs to be monitor at all times i have to be the one to stick her and check her sugars everyday. i am a single mother on assistance and i was just going to start a new job so we could keep a roof over our heads and food in our mouth but know the doctor needs me to stay with my daughter i have no problem with taken care of my daughter but i would not be able to keep a roof over our heads she comes out of school in 2 weeks and i have to be home with her to monitor her and give her shots and check her sugars. I dont no what to do right now i am so stress i have called everywhere look on the net for every posssible solution. and i know some people may ask why she cant adminster her own shots and check her sugars with supervision she refuses to stick herself because she was at school and she stick herself and gave herself 18 units to much and sugars went extreamly low and the doctors took her off independent insulin so i have to be the one to do it and the school nurse when she at school. anyone with any suggestions or ideas please write me back
It sounds like you speak English as a native language.  If that is the case, you can visit our English language forums about Type I diabetes: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Diabetes---Juvenile-Type-I/show/220