Hair loss, insulin pumps and pregnancy
Hi, I have diabetes tipe 1 and I've been loosing my hair a lot. I went to a dermatologist and he didn't see anything wrong. I took some test and they were negative so I think my problem is caused by uncontroled diabetes. I wanted to know if I get to control my diabetes, can I get my hair back as it was before?
I also wanted to ask about insulin pumps. I was talking to my husband about the posibility of gettin a insulin pump but I am concern about the effects it could have (if any) if I get pregnant because we were planing to have a baby as soon as possible. It is a good idea to get a insulin pump before I get pregnant?
I have read that when diabetes is poorly controlled, hair loss can occur. I believe that this is reversible once the person gets the glucose levels under good control. Pumps are indeed a wonderful help to many people, and yes, pumps are good for women who plan to get pregnant or  who are pregnant. There shouldn't be any problem with getting pregnant while using a pump.