Headaches and diabetes
Like so many other people on here my son is an 8yr old diabetic who suffers from regular painful headaches. He also suffers from regular stomach aches. All symptoms have been discussed with his diabetic nurse and GP but to no avail. I seem to be banging my head against a wall whilst my son isn't getting any better. He also has a strong sensitivity to light and is always cowering away from it and covering his eyes. Please guys is there anyone out there who recognizes these symptoms or can offer any advice. I am actually writing this from along side his bed in hospital where they are telling me it's a gastro bug ! (I don't agree).
Hi there!

If his diabetes has been well controlled, the symptoms are unlikely to be related to it. Well, headaches could be primary (such as tension headaches migraines etc), secondary (as seen in meningitis, sinusitis etc) or could occur due to cranial neuralgias. Stomach ache is more likely to be related to GI/ GU issues or psychological causes. Increased sensitivity or photophobia could result from a number of issues related to the eye, neural or systemic issues. Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the symptoms or suggest a management plan. It is best advised to have this evaluated by a primary pediatrician and depending on the cause(s) diagnosed/ suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thank you very much for sparing the time to respond it is really appreciated. The hospital have now taken on board all complaints and are acting on such. They have found elevated IgA in his blood and have sent him to the Gastro dept for further testing for celiac etc. The consultant has also recommended an MRI scan with reference to his headaches. I suppose its just a waiting game now until tests are concluded. Thank you again for your help.