Hyperglycemia for the past 2 weeks.
I have type 2 diabetes for about 2 1/2 years now and my medicines have been working until recently.
About 2 weeks ago, my blood sugars have been higher than normal, between 200 and 400 all day. Normally they run about 70 to 200. There has not been any unusual stress, nor have I been ill, occassionaly I have eaten things I should not have or more than usual, but not excessivly. I did the same with the food around Thanksgiving and it did not affect the blood sugars like this, I had the occassional high, but not daily and all day like now.
A couple of days ago I started to feel shakey, thirsty, urinating alot, nausea, headache, blurred vision, I called my Doctor and he said to go to the Emergency Room to have my urine checked. At the ER, they checked my blood sugar and it was 475, they gave me IV fluids and a shot of insulin which brought it down to 214 two hours later and down to 61 by the time I got home 6 hours later. At that time, I ate dinner and it went up to 89 after dinner, but before bed it was back up to over 200. What else can cause the sudden change in the readings being so high?
I take my medicines everyday like I am supposed to. I am not on insulin.
I am not a physician, but the mom of a type one diabetic and the daughter of a type 2.

Your metabolism can be changing.  When my mom was originally diagnosed she was only on oral meds, but as time goes on, the body changes and she needed to take insulin threw shots.  This happens to many type 2 diabetics after a while.

I would suggest that you call your endocrinologists and let him know what is going on.  He/ she are the only person that can adjust your medications and advise you properly on the next step in you care. There is new insulin on the market along with medications that can help.

I wish you luck and good health in the New Year. Please check back and let6 us know how tings are going
IM A TYPE 2 AS WELL HONEY....

MY CURRENT MEDICATION IS 2 METFORMIN IN THE MORNING AND 2 AT NIGHT BEFORE BED.
ALSO ONE STARLIX BEFORE EACH MEAL.

IVE BEEN IN UR SITUATION BEFORE...I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT U R GOING THRU....BUT PRAY ABOUT IT, AND STAY POSITIVE.

RIGHT NOW IM FACING HIGH BLOOD SUGARS TOO...it happens to me exactly one week before my period, my appetite sky rockets for junk :(

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, AND GOD BLESS.