Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Hyperglycemia w/out diabetes?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hyperglycemia w/out diabetes?

I've always had these symptoms but never put them together untill discussing them with my aunt. she told me to look into hyperglycemia and the symptoms i do have are Frequint hunger, i am always thirst and i only drink water but it never quinches my thirst, i probably pee like 2 times a hour and at least once sometimes twice at night, i also get dry mouth (have chronic chapped lips), dry itchy skin that sometimes my legs (mostly at night) itch so bad that ive actually broken the skin, fatigue, i crave sweets 24/7, i have had yeast infection with reacurrence w/ no apparent reason, and i do anxity , sometimes i can feel my heart racing or skip a beat ( i put this together as anxity even when im not feeling anxious) Like i said ive had these symptoms for years but never understood why and i bring it up now becuase they feel worse, ive been noticing that when i stand up i tend to get dizzy (with blurred vision) alot more often then i usasly do and i feel like im dehydrated even though i keep drinking water and gatoraid. Im trying to get an appointment with a doc but cant until after dec 1 becuase of insurance stuff.. but my question i guess is does this sound like hyperglycemia could these symptoms be something else? why do they seem more instense then before? and also i dont think i am but theres a chance i could be pregnant ( ill know by this weekend/early next week when i do or dont get my period) if i am could this be the reason for the intense symptoms? or can menstural cycles elevate it too? What should i tell my doctor to explain my concern? are there things i should do now to help doctor determine if it is hyperglecemia or not?