Increased stress and anxiety and increased blood sugar levels
Just a question and thanks for taking it. Does increased stress, anxiety and lack of excercise increase blood sugar levels? MY blood sugar levels after eating-2 hrs later is around 88. Mom is diabetic age 63 and I am 40 male not excessively overwieght maybe 10 lbs max. If I reduce weight by 10 lbs and start excercising will blood sugar levels come down lower. I ate something high is sugar two hrs ago: corn, peas, and meat.

tks-

abeybaby
I am not a physician, but the mom of a type 1 and the daughter of a type 2 diabetic.
Stress and anxiety can defiantly affect blood sugar levels.  Depending on the person and the situation it can either raise it or lower it.  With our daughter, when she has anxiety her blood sugar drops very low and quick, where my moms goes high.  

Yes, excursive and loosing weight will help lover your blood sugars. Exercise in both types of diabetes lowers blood sugars. IF you have type 2 diabetes loosing the weight will definably help to lower your blood sugar as your pancreas does not have to work as hard.  

I would suggest talking to your doctor to get the correct weight and sugar range for you.  

BY the way a blood sugar of 88- 2 hrs after eating is a good number.

Good luck and happy holidays.
I'm not a medical doctor either, but given the amount of Hashimito's being diagnosed among those with both types of diabetes, you might want to consider asking about a TSH and T4 test from your doc if that has not already been done.

If your stress and anxiety "Makes sense," than it's probably just that. If, however, you feel that such is present in your life and you have a hard time understanding why you're feeling the way you do, that might be the point to consider the possibility of a thyroid imbalance.