Is 331 way to high? new to this type 2
I am a type 2 diabetic for about 3 years. I take metformin. My last blood test at the doctor was too high,(The test that is to show the average blood sugar.) I have not even checked my blood sugar for about a year. I ate no breakfast today. At lunch I had a ham and swiss sandwich. snack one very large peanutbutter cookie. Dinner was a large bowl of potatoe leek soup. I ate the soup around 2 hours ago. My bloodsugar is 331 now. I forgot to take my metformin yesterday and today. I just took it after I checked my sugar. I know I did this all wrong. Should I stay awake and check it in an hour or just go to sleep like I feel like?
Hi hopeful!  We are not medical professionals, just volunteers with experience in dealing with type 1 diabetes.  

Unfortunately, I do not have any personal experience with type 2.  I do want to suggest that you contact your diabetes doctor immediately to ask your question as I cannot answer questions regarding medications as I am not a doctor or trained medical professional.  I would like to encourage you to get back on track with taking better care of yourself.  If you have people in your life that care about you and want to see you live a healthy & long life, you need to seek out a dietician who can help you understand the importance in that what you are eating each and every day is important to your overall well-being.  Your diabetes doctor can also refer you out to other medical professionals for services that you may need.  Please pick up the phone & get your answer to your very important question.

Good luck to you!
i am in suffering  type 2 diabetic i  take regularly at night 12 unit of insolin along with metformin, but at morning before breakfast my sugar level not decrease from 165. today i have not taken any medicine related to diabetic and take heave breakfast. when i check my sugar level at afternoon at 3 pm my sugar level is 331. pl guide me how can decrease my sugar level
Hello, you need to talk to your doctor about increasing our meds.  You may need to take insulin more than once a day.

Exercise and limiting carbs and processed foods may also help.

please see your doctor.  With such high levels you risk serious complications.

Please drink plenty of water if your blood sugar is high.
My 4 year old is Type 1 diabetic & her Random Blood Sugar is between 350-385.Is it ok? whereas her Fasting Blood Sugar is always in range.She is suffering from constant stomach ache as well..I live in a countryside in India so cannot consult a doctor.Please suggest