Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Living with a Diabetic

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Living with a Diabetic

My father has diabetes. It's been for a long time. He was diagnosed with it, 6 months after i was conceived. I have signs of early onset but is there a chance of me getting diabetes. Most of my dad side family has it.
Yes, there is a chance of developing diabetes.  You can keep excess weight off, exercise and eat wisely and you may never get it.  Even if you do, it is treatable and is not a death sentence.

Good luck.
If your father has diabetes then chances of you getting diabetes are very high.

You can prevent it by good exercise and diet control. A diet that includes fruits, vegetables, fiber-containing foods, and low-fat milk is advised. Also walk briskly for 30 minutes per day to decrease your chances of developing diabetes.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr commented on stacey10's status
MH Community Mgr uploaded a new photo
Jun 24
BatShevaSida commented on ANXIETY ATTACKS / INS...
Jun 11