Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Living with a Diabetic

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Living with a Diabetic

My father has diabetes. It's been for a long time. He was diagnosed with it, 6 months after i was conceived. I have signs of early onset but is there a chance of me getting diabetes. Most of my dad side family has it.
Yes, there is a chance of developing diabetes.  You can keep excess weight off, exercise and eat wisely and you may never get it.  Even if you do, it is treatable and is not a death sentence.

Good luck.
If your father has diabetes then chances of you getting diabetes are very high.

You can prevent it by good exercise and diet control. A diet that includes fruits, vegetables, fiber-containing foods, and low-fat milk is advised. Also walk briskly for 30 minutes per day to decrease your chances of developing diabetes.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.