Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Living with a Diabetic
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Living with a Diabetic

My father has diabetes. It's been for a long time. He was diagnosed with it, 6 months after i was conceived. I have signs of early onset but is there a chance of me getting diabetes. Most of my dad side family has it.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
80791_tn?1343597081
Yes, there is a chance of developing diabetes.  You can keep excess weight off, exercise and eat wisely and you may never get it.  Even if you do, it is treatable and is not a death sentence.

Good luck.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
If your father has diabetes then chances of you getting diabetes are very high.

You can prevent it by good exercise and diet control. A diet that includes fruits, vegetables, fiber-containing foods, and low-fat milk is advised. Also walk briskly for 30 minutes per day to decrease your chances of developing diabetes.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now