Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Lower left back pain

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Lower left back pain

I am a 20 yr diabetic female w/ a history of asthma and hayfever.  For the past 5-8 days I have been experiencing sharp pains on the left side of my lower back.  I am not confident about my back anatomy knowledge, but I am concerned this might be near my kidney.  The pain is at times very bad and makes it difficult to even walk.  Sometimes it is better and I can ignore it.  Often if I lie down in a certain position I can make it feel better.  

My hemoglobin a1C is 9.5% and recently in particular my blood sugars have run high.  The pain is very uncomfortable and would be distressing on its own, but most of all I am concerned that it is related to diabetes and/or my kidneys.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Katie
Avatar n tn
You should see a physician immediately.  If the pain is as bad as you say, making it difficult to even walk, you need to see a physician.  If as you say your blood sugars are now running high, you should not delay.
Do not wait for responses on the web.  
I wonder if you may be passing a kidney stone.....VERY painful....SEE a doctor.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr is enjoying warm weather th... Comment
May 23
MH Community Mgr commented on Des_a_rae's status
May 23
MH Community Mgr commented on cast out
May 21