MediMed Paradign 522/722 insulin pump
My son who is 9 years old has just been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes (formerly known as Juvenile diabetes). He has been using the insulin pens up until now but now I have discovered the existence of the new MiniMed Paradigm insulin pumps (522, 722 or other models). I am interested in how much these pumps cost (including all the accesories one needs). We are in Australia so if anyone also knew the name of a distributor or distributors for these devices, it would be good. I appreciate any comments or news on the above. Thanks.
Peter.
Hello.  In US dollars the Minimeds cost somewhere around $6500, but most people have insurance which pays for most, if not all, of it.  

As for contacts in Australia, I'd suggest for you to contact JDRF's online support team.  They have the contacts and the information you're looking for.  Here's their contact page:

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=103451

Good luck!
I wanted to pass on information about Minimed Medtronic, they are an international  company that deals in pumps and supplies. Their website is:

http://www.minimed.com.au/

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. They are always quick to help. Wishing you the best in finding a pump.
Is anyone looking for a new pump I have a brand new 512 and brand new 522 with the orgional boxs. Never been used just looking to get rid of. Comes with supplies to get started. both in the 1000.00 range.

Email: ***@****