Diabetes - Type 1 Community
MediMed Paradign 522/722 insulin pump
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MediMed Paradign 522/722 insulin pump

Hi,
My son who is 9 years old has just been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes (formerly known as Juvenile diabetes). He has been using the insulin pens up until now but now I have discovered the existence of the new MiniMed Paradigm insulin pumps (522, 722 or other models). I am interested in how much these pumps cost (including all the accesories one needs). We are in Australia so if anyone also knew the name of a distributor or distributors for these devices, it would be good. I appreciate any comments or news on the above. Thanks.
Peter.
Related Discussions
Hello.  In US dollars the Minimeds cost somewhere around $6500, but most people have insurance which pays for most, if not all, of it.  

As for contacts in Australia, I'd suggest for you to contact JDRF's online support team.  They have the contacts and the information you're looking for.  Here's their contact page:

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=103451

Good luck!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I wanted to pass on information about Minimed Medtronic, they are an international  company that deals in pumps and supplies. Their website is:

http://www.minimed.com.au/

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. They are always quick to help. Wishing you the best in finding a pump.
Blank
Is anyone looking for a new pump I have a brand new 512 and brand new 522 with the orgional boxs. Never been used just looking to get rid of. Comes with supplies to get started. both in the 1000.00 range.

Email: ***@****
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
wideopen commented on Mediterranean Diet Ma...
Oct 16
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
Oct 07
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
Oct 03
Diabetes - Type 1 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949